World Food Programme Islamabad Contract
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. TERMS AND CONDITIONS Job Title Programme Associate (Field Level Agreements Management) G6
Contract Type Fixed Term
Contract Duration 1 Year
Duty Station Islamabad, Pakistan
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Pakistan only. Deadline for applications is 08 November 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
This position will be based in WFP Country Office Islamabad, Pakistan. Incumbent will report to Programme Policy Officer (Field Level Agreements Management).
At this level, job holder is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis. Job holder is expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff. JOB PURPOSE
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
OTHER POST REQUIREMENTS:
- Create and update Field Level Agreement (FLA) in WFP’s Corporate System i.e. COMET and ensure that COMET data is updated in a timely manner by the Country Office (CO) as well as at Provincial Offices (POs).
- Support in updating the FLA tracker and FLA status on a regular basis in close coordination with the FLA manager, including in follow-up with Cooperating Partners (CPs) on Project NOCs, as and when required.
- Support in maintaining an updated list of CPs in close coordination with the FLA Manager.
- Provide support in organizing Formal Evaluation Panels (FEPs) and Cooperating Partner Committee (CPC) meetings and maintain a Note for Record (NFR), as and when required by the FLA manager.
- Provide support in updating the WFP CP Roster of existing and potential partners, including supporting inter-linked activities such as floating Expression of Interest (EOI) and Request for Proposal (RFP), conducting capacity assessments, micro-assessments, health-checks, audits etc.
- Provide support in managing FLA timelines.
- Conduct training of WFP staff and CP staff on FLA/NGO Coordination Unit procedures.
- Liaise with CPs on EOI, RFP, FLA-related queries, as and when required.
FUNCTIONAL CAPABILITIESCapability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers) Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
Emergency Programming Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of higher secondary school education, preferably supported by a university degree in International Affairs, Law, Development, Social Sciences, Finance or any other field relevant to International Development.
Minimum 6 years of experience in programme related activities, of which three years should be related to contract management, partnerships, budgeting and fund management.
Previous experience of procurement of services and working on technical and financial evaluations, including audit, compliance and due diligence requirements is highly desired.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Urdu. .
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.